DEPARTMENT OF SANITATION
No Exam Required
M T S North Shore
$35,503.00 – $47,080.00
The New York City Department of Sanitation (DSNY) keeps New York City healthy, safe, and clean by collecting, recycling, and disposing of waste, cleaning City streets and vacant lots, and clearing snow and ice. DSNY is the nation’s largest municipal sanitation agency, with nearly 10,000 employees, 59 district garages, and a fleet of more than 5,000 trucks, cars, and other types of equipment. The Department clears litter, snow, and ice from approximately 6,500 miles of City streets and removes debris from vacant lots as well as abandoned vehicles from City streets.
Under close supervision, a City Attendant will perform simple routine work consisting of minor tasks of a varied nature necessary to the operations, facilities, and services of City departments.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
– Safely and properly backing trucks into dumping bays on the tipping floor.
– Ensure that the tipping floor is clean throughout the day.
– Clean interior halls, offices, restrooms (including urinals and commodes), and locker rooms.
– Clean in and around compactors and conveyor pits.
– Mop and sweep floors and vacuum carpets.
– Pick up refuse, recycling, and empty waste baskets in the facility.
– Service Litter and Debris around the facility and surrounding area.
– Wash walls, dust countertops, etc.
– Deliver and pick up mail, small packages, etc.
– Perform minor maintenance repairs.
– Assist in the storage of files. Lift heavy boxes.
– Perform various recycling functions.
– Check and replace water coolers.
– Special tasks at the request of the supervisor.
1. There are no formal educational or experience requirements for this position.
2. There are certain medical and physical requirements.
This position is also open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate at the top of your resume and cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position through the 55-a Program.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
As a prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of Education’s website at https://studentaid.gov/pslf/.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
More details visit: https://cityjobs.nyc.gov/job/city-attendant-in-nyc-all-boros-jid-14986
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.