New York City NYC HOUSING AUTHORITY
The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) is the nation’s largest public housing authority, with an operating budget of $3.4 billion and public housing and Section 8 programs that provide housing to over 600,000 New Yorkers. NYCHA is seeking a highly qualified and dynamic leader to serve as the Vice President (VP) for Operations Support Services.
Reporting to the General Manager, and an integral member of NYCHA’s executive team, the VP serves as the Authority’s lead subject matter expert and advisor for all aspects of Heating, Elevators, and the Emergency Services Department.
Responsibilities of the VP include, but are not limited to the following:
* Lead operations support services departments (Heating, Elevators, and, Emergency Services), ensuring that operations are executed in accordance with the established with NYCHA policies and procedures, in order to achieve quality timely results that are within budget;
* Develop, implement, and monitor financial reports and key performance indicators; identify trends and isolate outliers that should be addressed with targeted strategies;
* Ensure NYCHA is meeting the terms of the Federal Agreement Exhibit B related to heating and elevator deliverables;
* Solicit feedback from the leadership team to identify gaps and propose corrective action plans, including mechanisms to evaluate progress;
* Build and maintain solid relationships across the organization at the executive, supervisory and staff levels;
* Develop and oversee delivery of best-in-class customer service to residents, specifically for heating and elevator management and maintenance services;
* Lead and participate in internal and external meetings including with regulatory agency staff, elected official, residents and other key stakeholders;
* Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide staff with adequate growth opportunities to develop successful career paths;
* Participate in ensuring agency compliance with federal, state, local, and agency rules, regulations and procedures; and
* Spearhead and participate in special projects as needed.
* NOTE: IF THIS APPOINTMENT IS MADE ON A PROVISIONAL BASIS PURSUANT TO §65 OF THE NYS CIVIL SERVICE LAW, NO TENURE OR PERMANENCE ACCRUES TO AN INCUMBENT IN THIS POSITION BY VIRTUE OF SUCH APPOINTMENT.
* NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, please visit the following link: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/psb/100_1.pdf
* Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus eight years of supervisory experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of large tenanted buildings; four years of which must have been in responsible charge of properties
having not less than seven maintenance and operations employees and at least 18 months of which must have been in an administrative capacity; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” above. However, all candidates must have at least four years of experience in responsible charge of properties having not less than seven maintenance and operations employees, at least 18 months of which must have in an administrative capacity.
1. Ability to perform detailed work under time-sensitive deadlines.
2. Ability to work collaboratively with others in performing scope, design development, bid and change order cost estimating duties in a variety of trade disciplines.
3. Knowledge and experience of façade, roof, ACM abatement, community/senior center interior renovation, commercial kitchen upgrade and ground improvements with public sector in NYC construction market.
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel software to prepare summary estimates and the analysis of deviations from architect/engineer estimates and from actual bids.
5. Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
1. NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
2. NYCHA residents are encouraged to apply.
Click the “Apply Now” button.
NYCHA has no residency requirements.
To apply for this job please visit a127-jobs.nyc.gov.