Transportation, Department of
Candidates must possess a New York State Professional Engineer License and current registration. To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
The prospective candidate may be assigned to either Highway Maintenance or Bridge Maintenance. Additional details and preferences will be discussed during the interview.
The following are the general duties and responsibilities:
1) Prepare IPP (Initial Project Proposal) and Scope of Work for Highway and Bridge Maintenance Projects.
2) Develop PS&E (Plans, Specifications and Estimate) for Highway and Bridge Maintenance Projects.
3) On call 24/7 to response Incident Command System and emergencies.
4) Periodically Coordinate with Resident Engineers to obtain Asphalt and Concrete Pavement conditions and conditions of any other roadway feature.
5) Prepare detailed work order for both flags and non-flags repairs on bridges and highways.
6) Coordinate with various Regional Groups and NYCDOT to resolve all flags and bridge related work / emergencies.
7) Coordinate with various NYC Agencies, including, NYC Homeless services, NYC Sanitation and NYPD.
8) Lead quality assurance team on all partial and final inspections for State construction contracts.
9) Coordinate and review contract plans and permits.
10) Respond and resolve on-going construction contract issues.
11) Manage and monitor cost, progress, and database for the various Where and When Contracts.
12) Maintain and manage the Non-structural Condition Observation (NSCO) Work Orders database.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident
Command System to support the department’s response to
regional and statewide emergency situations
Telecommuting: Opportunities to telecommute will be discussed at interview.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The New York State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minority group members, disabled persons and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided for the disabled.
In compliance with Public Law 99-603, candidates selected for appointment must provide an original document to prove their citizenship and/or legal right to work in the United States.
To apply for this job please visit statejobs.ny.gov.