Full Job Description
Job Description: The New York City Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) supports youth and community services through contracts with community-based organizations throughout New York City. The Comprehensive After- School System (COMPASS), formerly known as Out of School Time (OST), seeks to support community-based organizations high quality after school services through funding, monitoring, coaching, capacity building, evaluation and advocacy.
COMPASS is DYCD’s largest initiative, serving over 94,000 youth through over 900 programs after school, during school closing days, and over the summer. The central task of the COMPASS Contract Development and Support Unit is to assure that all COMPASS Budges and Contracts are completed/approved and submitted to procurement in to ensure that providers contracts are registered timely, so cash flow is available as needed.
Under the Supervision of the COMPASS Deputy Director for Program Finance, the Program Finance and Contract Development Assistant will be responsible for the following: Budget Support
Level I – Budget assigner – Assigned release budgets to the 2 Senior Program Finance Analyst for
review and approval
Monitor budget approval process to ensure outstanding issues are resolved in a timely manner
(i.e. Certificate of Insurance, Subcontractor Agreement, Contract registration.
Maintain Budgetary updates in DYCD data management systems
Acts as a liaison with the DYCD Procurement Unit and the DYCD Bureau of Budget and Finance to
troubleshoot issues regarding budgets and amendments. Contract Support
Send necessary contractual documents i.e Contracts, Scope of Work, Budget, etc to providers for
upload in Passport.
Monitor upload to create Authoring documents for providers to approve and sign
Coordinates Review and track contract activity towards registration in Passport, CCMS, ECMS,
DYCD Connect, and HHS Accelerator.
Review and track contract activity towards registration in Passport, CCMS, ECMS, DYCD with
PACE to assure all contract documents are accurate in Passport
Transmit contract activity in ECMS.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in “1” above.
Minimum of four years of relevant experience, at least eighteen months of which should have been in
an executive or managerial capacity
Experience supervising professional staff
Background in working with community-based organizations
Experience or knowledge of youth development programming serving elementary or middle school
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft: Excel
Demonstrated working knowledge of target populations shown through management of programs
serving elementary, middle and high school aged youth Knowledge of New York City contracting
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of full-time, satisfactory professional, technical or administrative experience in one or more of the following fields: program evaluation, contract negotiations/management, business or public administration, contract community relations, or related fields; at least eighteen months must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity, or supervising professional personnel performing work in program evaluation, contract negotiation/management, business or public administration; or
2. A four year high school diploma, or its equivalent, and six years of full-time, professional, technical or administrative work experience in one or more of the fields cited above; at least eighteen months must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity, or supervising professional personnel as described in “1” above; or
3. A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience as cited above. However, all candidates must have the eighteen months of administrative, managerial, or executive experience or experience supervising professional personnel as described in “1” above.
Search for the Job ID # 540663
External Candidates please go to www.nyc.gov/careers
Current NYC employees please go to www.nyc.gov/ess
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA THE ONLINE PORTALS MENTIONED ABOVE.
SUBMISSION OF AN APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE AN INTERVIEW.
ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.
*If you do not have access to a personal computer, please visit your local library*
35 Hours per week
2 Lafayette St., N.Y.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
To apply for this job please visit a127-jobs.nyc.gov.