New York City DEPT OF HEALTH/MENTAL HYGIENE
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
– The Office of Chief Medical Examiner investigates cases of persons who die within New York City from criminal violence, by accident, by suicide, suddenly when in apparent health, when unattended by a physician, in a correctional facility or in any suspicious or unusual manner or where an application is made pursuant to law for a permit to cremate a body of a person.
– We exist to provide answers in support of families, victims and community during times of profound need.
– JOB DESCRIPTION
– The core values of the OCME are to put the mission of the agency first, to be truly dedicated, and to have integrity in every aspect of our professional life. Under direct supervision, the selected candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following tasks:
– Moves, lifts and carries heavy objects and materials
– Operates electric transports and lift trucks, and other hand or power-driven equipment
– Loads and unloads items at storeroom and at the various points of pick-up, delivery and/or distribution
– Loads and unloads heavy equipment and materials at warehouse platforms, moving vans or trucks.
– Stores and distributes materials, supplies and equipment
– Provides logistics support for all forensic disaster and public health emergency response operations
– Maintains records of materials received and distributed
– Keeps all equipment, tools and vehicles clean, functioning, and safeguarded in appropriate locations and ready for immediate deployment.
– Provide inventory and maintenance records to ensure operational readiness and to maximize the useful life of equipment, including field response equipment, vehicles and other technical resources.
– Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. There are no formal education or experience requirements for this position.
2. There are certain medical and physical requirements.
Possession of a Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State of New York.
Experience utilizing automated inventory systems such as SpendMap. Strong customer service and communication skills preferred.
1. Selected candidates will be required to provide a DNA sample by swabbing.
2. This position has been identified as “essential.” During emergency events, “essential” positions may require 24-hour availability.
3. Must have valid New York State Driver’s License for duration of employment.
4. Selected candidates must work 20 hours a week on a regular basis in order to be eligible for Health Benefits coverage.
– This is a one year temporary position.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov or nyc.gov/ocmecareers JOB ID#442168
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
To apply for this job please visit a127-jobs.nyc.gov.