New York City NYC HOUSING AUTHORITY
1. Assist the Technical Resource Advisor for Pest Control in the oversite of NYCHA’s Pest Control Program.
2. Directly supervise the department’s pest control operators in the scheduling, inspecting and treatment of NYCHA’s buildings, facilities and grounds.
3. Respond to and investigate pest control complaints and emergencies as directed by the Technical Resource Advisor, department Director and Deputy Director.
4. Perform inspections of NYCHA properties and provide inspection reports as needed.
5. Review industry procedures and products; make recommendations.
6. Provide onsite training and instruction to NYCHA employees.
7. Attend meetings.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, please click on the link below:
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the minimum qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
A valid certificate as a Certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator for Industrial, Institutional, structural and Rodent Control (7A) issued by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. This certificate must be maintained for the duration of appointment. License Requirement For appointment to certain positions, at the time of appointment eligibles must possess a Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State of New York. This license must be maintained for the duration of employment.
SPECIAL NOTE: To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level II, individuals must have, in addition to meeting the minimum requirements, two years of full-time satisfactory practical experience in the preparation and use of insecticides, rodenticides, baits, traps, and related chemicals/equipment for the extermination of insects, vermin and other pests.
SPECIAL NOTE: To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level III individuals must have, in addition to meeting the minimum requirements, two years of full-time satisfactory practical experience in the preparation and use of insecticides, rodenticides, baits, traps, and related chemicals/equipment for the extermination of insects, vermin and other pests and one year of full-time satisfactory experience in a supervisory capacity for a total of three years’ experience.
1. This position is open as a promotional opportunity only. It is not open on a direct transfer (lateral) basis.
2. Employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
3. NYCHA residents are encouraged to apply.
Click the “Apply Now” button.
New York City Residency is not required for this position