New York City NYC HOUSING AUTHORITY
Under supervision, with latitude for independent initiative and decision making, assist Procurement personnel in purchasing goods, services and/or construction, and/or in processing procurement documents and contracts; confer with, advise and assist operational, technical and professional staff in the procurement process; manage contracts for services as assigned.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Create City Record Advertisement using the Bid documents.
2. Prepare summary analyses and recommendations to supervisory staff.
3. May provide technical assistance to contractors in developing proposals.
4. Obtain data needed in the preparation of requests for quotes and requests for proposals; determine appropriate solicitation method(s). Prepare solicitation documents required for all methods of procurement of routine or moderate complexity.
5. May make recommendations to supervisory staff concerning provision of additional funding or defunding of existing programs/contracts.
6. Examine relevant publications and become familiar with conditions, price trends and trade practices for confirmation/validation of independent cost estimate.
7. May provide technical assistance to vendors in preparing responses to solicitations.
8. Develop bid schedule.
9. Participate in the tabulation and analysis of bids and the investigation as to the responsiveness/responsibility of bidders and prospective vendors.
10. Review recommendations and procurement documentation prepared by subordinates.
11. Maintain and update various spreadsheets and other NYCHA contract systems; compile data for the monthly report.
12. Act as primary liaison between the agency and several contractors assigned to them.
13. May, during the absence of immediate superior, perform duties of that individual.
NOTE: IF THIS APPOINTMENT IS MADE ON A PROVISIONAL BASIS PURSUANT TO §65 OF THE NYS CIVIL SERVICE LAW, NO TENURE OR PERMANENCE ACCRUES TO AN INCUMBENT IN THIS POSITION BY VIRTUE OF SUCH APPOINTMENT.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, please click on the following link: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/psb/100_1.pdf
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U. S. Secretary of Education and by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), and six months of full-time, satisfactory professional, technical, or administrative experience in one or more of the following fields: program evaluation, contract negotiation/management, fiscal/financial management, or project management; or
2. A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization and four years of full-time, satisfactory professional, technical, or administrative experience in one or more of the following fields: program evaluation, contract negotiation/management, fiscal/financial management, or project management; or
3. Education and or experience equivalent to “1″ or “2″ above.
1. Proficient with Microsoft Office, Oracle Financial system.
2. Excellent Analytical Skills.
3. Ability to communicate expertly and clearly, both written and verbal, with all levels of staff and external stakeholders.
4. Ability to work independently and as a team player.
5. Ability to meet tight deadlines.
1. NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
2. NYCHA residents are encouraged to apply.
Click the “Apply Now” button.
NYCHA has no residency requirements.
To apply for this job please visit a127-jobs.nyc.gov.