New York City NYC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYS
The Client Services Medical Unit is seeking a Part-Time Clerical Associate Level II. The ideal candidate should possess good organization and people skills. The Clerical Associate Level II will among other things be responsible for:
- Prepping cases for Medical Board and Board of Trustees meetings.
- Scanning and indexing documents into NYCEWork.
- Reviews and maintains work items including taking ownership, sort, transfer, pend and close items in the worker queue of the NYCEWork tracking system daily.
- Schedules members for Final Medical Review consultant appointments, review and mail appointment letters and/or relevant records.
- Contacting members by phone to confirm scheduled/rescheduled appointments.
- Assisting the Medical Board by escorting members to the examination appointment from the waiting room and advising them interview expectations.
- Preparing medical request letters and correspondences.
Please note this position has a 25 hour work week.
Minimum Qual Requirements
A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s department of education or a recognized accrediting organization and one year of satisfactory clerical experience.
Keyboard familiarity with the ability to type at a minimum of 100 key strokes (20 words) per minute.
Must be able to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment and have the ability to manage and complete tasks within established deadlines and in an efficient manner.
Must be able to deliver excellent customer service.
TO APPLY FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE ATTACH A COVER LETTER INDICATING JOB ID NUMBER 009-20-0039 AND A COPY OF A CURRENT RESUME TO:
CITY EMPLOYEES: Employee Self Service (ESS). www.nyc.gov/ess. Search for Job ID#: 420464
ALL OTHER APPLICANTS: www.nyc.gov/careers/search. Search for Job ID#: 420464
This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate on your resume or cover letter if you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
To apply for this job please visit a127-jobs.nyc.gov.