Financial Services, Department of - New York
This will be an exempt appointment. The incumbent will be designated as a peace officer and must be a United States citizen, reside in New York State and maintain New York State residency during employment, as well as meet all other requirements related to peace officer status. The preferred candidate will have a minimum of thirteen years of experience in law enforcement leading to criminal prosecution with five years of senior level management experience, as well as five years of extensive hands-on experience with the conduct and/or direction of complex no-fault insurance fraud investigations and expert knowledge of no-fault insurance laws and regulations. Possession of current FBI top-secret clearance, as demanded for participation on the FBI Health Care Fraud Task Force, is also required. Experience should also include:
– Proficient management of undercover operations and utilization of electronic surveillance equipment, skill in providing expert testimony and successful working relationships with various District Attorney’s offices;
– Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to plan and execute strategic initiatives;
– The evaluation of policies for effectiveness, the design and promotion of data collection and creation and/or modification of policies based upon data analysis; and
– The establishment of ongoing staff training and development programs for law enforcement or investigative operations.
The Department of Financial Services is seeking candidates to fill the position of Assistant Director, Financial Services Fraud Bureau. Under the supervision of the Director, Financial Services Frauds Bureau, the Assistant Director will perform a variety of duties which will include, but not be limited to, the following:
– Assisting the Director in formulating and implementing policies and regulations;
– Directing investigative priorities of the Frauds Bureau, including oversight of the planning and coordination of all investigations;
– Acting as liaison with federal, state and municipal law enforcement agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and the New York State and New York City Police Departments; and participating in meetings of the FBI Health Care Fraud Task Force;
– Working closely with other law enforcement agencies and prosecutors and conducting confidential and high-profile investigations of a highly sensitive nature; and
– Acting as liaison with members of the financial industry.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill.